HP3000-L Archives

May 2001, Week 4

From:
Roy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 09:00:44 -0500
"Alan Yeo" <[log in to unmask]> wrote in message
> Hi folks
>
> I wonder if there is a Query expert out there that can help me.
>
> I want to find an X type item that contains a particular string that
> includes several " characters and replace the string with another string
> that also contains the " character.
>
> I can find the correct items OK using MATCH where the ? stands in for
> the "
>
> FIND ITEM1=?????????????????????
> 123456 RECORDS FOUND
> SUBSET ITEM2 M "STARTTEXT?aaaab?K?99999?*"
> 46 RECORDS FOUND
>
> But when I do the REPLACE how can I specify the " character several
> times?
>
> REPL ITEM2='STARTTEXT,Find "K<00000,0>"'
>
> Where the ' should be the " Query expects, and " is the " I want in the
> string.
>
> Any help greatly appreciated. I know I could write a program, but this
> was supposed to be a quick and dirty, which has now probably taken
> longer than writing a program. But I'm darned if I'll let it beat me now
> :-)

Is this the sort of result you want?

IN-USE           =00{
USER-NR          =00{
MOD-DATE         =
MASTER-OBJECT    =XXX
OBJECT-TYPE      =
OBJECT-DESC      =STARTTEXT,Find "K<00000,0>"
FILE-NAME        =

I did it with:

REPL OBJECT-DESC="STARTTEXT,Find ""K<00000,0>""";END

(i.e., double each quoted quote)

Regards

Roy Brown