HP3000-L Archives

May 2001, Week 4

From:
Ryan Wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2001 14:24:48 -0400
The IBM Ultrium tape drives already hold 100gb (200gb w/2:1 compression),
and I've seen a few setups that hold 14.4tb capacity in a 14 rack unit bay.
check out
http://www.adic.com/US/English/Products/Hardware/LTO/Scalar100LTO/index.html

with a boasted 648gb/hour, a 400gb harddrive wouldn't take very long to
backup at all.

just my $.02,
rw

           _\\///_