HP3000-L Archives

May 2001, Week 4

From:
Gordon Gidluck <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gordon Gidluck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2001 11:15:49 -0500
Hello Dave,
This is an MPE/iX thing, Posix/Unix does not impose flimits.
If you text and keep your file with a text editor you should not encounter
problems; the editor will rewrite the file with appropriate file attributes.

The filename foo.c (in lowercase and with the .c extension) creates a
problem for access from MPE. However, if you name your file /APACHE/PUB/FOO,
then you can alter it from MPE/iX file system. The file would be
FOO.PUB.APACHE from MPE (ie. filename.group.account).

Logon to  PUB.APACHE...
BUILD FOO2; REC=-128,,F,ASCII; DISC=5000
FCOPY FROM=FOO; TO=FOO2

or if you have MPEX,
%ALTFILE FOO; FLIMIT=5000

Gordon Gidluck