HP3000-L Archives

May 2001, Week 3

From:
Charles Finley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charles Finley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2001 10:28:10 -0700
If memory serves me correctly, both a serial and a centronics parallel
interface are supported by the 2566A.  However, it is not a supported
networked printer device.  In order for a printer to work with the HP 3000
as a network printer, the printer must support PCL.  This is described in
the "Native Mode Spooler Reference Manual".

The saving grace is that you can attach the printers to any PC or to a Print
Spoolier box such as the JetDirect.  However, as was mentioned previously,
the JetDirect does not support a serial interface.   After that, there are
third party products that will allow you to print to it from the MPE
spooler.  Most of these products require that you have a Printer Spooler
blackbox.  Our product will allow you to connect the printers to any through
any type of connection that you want.

Charles Finley
Transformix Computer Corporation
145 Vallecitos de Oro