HP3000-L Archives

May 2001, Week 3

From:
Christian Lheureux <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 17:00:10 +0200
Hi fellow listers !

Chris the Geek ([log in to unmask]) wrote :

> FYI:
>
> MPE/iX 6.0 is the last release to support HP-IB.  There is no support for
> HP-IB on MPE/iX 6.5 and later.
>
> Chris the geek

This raises two comments from me :

1) I screwed up, confusing 6.0 and 6.5. My apologies for this.

2) Since the HP committed date of EOS for 6.0 is April 2002, that means
there won't be any HP-IB support after this date. However, 9x8s and 997s do
support HP-IB devices, and will themselves remain supported till February
2006. Hence the question ... :

Can we support HP-IB devices on HP-IB capable systems AFTER April 2002 ? In
other words, with which MPE/iX release do we support HP-IB devices between
May 1st, 2002 and February 1st, 2006 ?

Or is it simply that all HP-IB peripherals will have gone EOS by April 2002
and therefore HP-IB support after 6.0 EOS date is not an issue ?

Christian