HP3000-L Archives

May 2001, Week 2

From:
Tom Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2001 11:15:16 -0400
I may have been unfair to WRQ.

I just tried sending a file from my HP918 to a client's 939 using FTP, and
sending the same file from my PC to my client's 939 using Reflection label
file transfer. However, due probably to firewall issues, I couldn't use FFT
for the Reflection transfer. It took FTP 7.91 seconds to transfer 567760
bytes from my HP to my client's, it took Reflection 43 seconds to transfer
the same file from my PC to the client's HP using label file transfer, but
without FFT.

Also, Reflection label file transfer seems to have problems with
native-mode KSAM files. When I get a bad file label error when I try to
transfer one. However, I am using Reflection 5.2 on my PC; I don't know
what version of PCLINK my client uses.  I have never had a problem
transferring native KSAM files with HP-to-HP FTP.

At 10:45 AM 5/8/2001 -0400, Bartram, Chris wrote:
>It's been a long time since I've benchmarked this, but way back when I did,
>WRQ's (Fast File Transfer - not standard protocol) WAS faster than FTP.

Tom Brandt
Northtech Systems, Inc.
313 N. 1st Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48103