HP3000-L Archives

May 2001, Week 2

From:
Russ Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2001 17:15:13 -0700
Jay,

Yes, you can create a script to parse the HPJOBNAME variable, and use that
value to set variables or create file equations in your jobs or sessions.
With what you describe, however, I think the problem you're going to have is
that you would still have to edit the jobs in order to get your script to
run either (1) instead of the lines already in the job [remove them from the
job], or (2) to run AFTER the lines in the job.

If you create an ACCOUNT or SYSTEM level UDC which executes the script file,
it would create a file equation pointing to TRA810, but when later in the
job the file equation currently in place executes it will override the
equation set in your UDC/script.

Someone else may have a better solution for you, but I think you're going to
have to do the edit sequence at least once.  That would, of course, allow
you to standardize all of your file equations.

HTH,
Rs~

Russ Smith, Systems Consultant
Problem Solved, Credit Union Consulting Services
183 Butcher Road, Suite B
Vacaville, CA  95687
707.451.2611, voice
707.447.2918, fax