HP3000-L Archives

May 2001, Week 2

From:
Jay Willis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jay Willis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2001 19:57:14 -0400
Hi all,

I was recently asked to make the same change to the file equations in
several jobs (in one account), and got to thinking how I might get the jobs
to read a single file that contained the file equations that are used in all
of the jobs.

We use Vesoft's Streamx. I'd like to be able to capture the last three
characters in the job's hpjobname to use in the file equation. So that, if
the job's name is JTRA810, I would have a file equation like this:

!file print1=TRA810;dev=lp

The request was to send the jobs' reports to another printer (change "lp"
to "xlp" in the file equation). Rather than editing each job, I'd like to be
able to edit just one file that contained this file equation, but which also
gets the last 3 charaters of the job's hpjobname.

Hope this makes at least a little sense. I'd appreciate any help.

Jay