HP3000-L Archives

May 2001, Week 2

Date:
Tue, 8 May 2001 15:48:08 -0400
X-no-Archive:yes
Short of quickly switching ISPs? Usually, RBOCs and long distance carriers
offer some services. If it's YOUR email server that's blacklisted, then you
can fix the problem and the blacklisters are generally very quick to retest
and 'delist' your server. If it's your ISP, then you pretty much have only
your service level agreement and threats of action, if they guarantee any
levels of service. Now, if your local office is just one office of a larger
organization, or your ISP is actually owned by anyone else, you can start
escalating. How you handle this can come back to haunt you, if the day comes
that you ever need help or a favor from the ISP.

Greg Stigers
CGI Information Systems and Management Consultants, Inc.
http://www.cgiusa.com