HP3000-L Archives

May 2001, Week 1

From:
Tom Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 11:24:49 -0400
Active Server Pages (ASP) is facility, technology, engine, pick your
buzzword which runs only under Microsoft's Internet Information Server web
server software. IIS runs only on NT and Windows 2000 Server. It does not
run on MPE.

ASP is used to deliver dynamic content to a web site users. For example, it
can query databases and deliver the results to a web page, and can update
databases using data from HTML forms. ASP can, of course, use Access or
SqlServer databases from Microsoft.

ASP can, using ODBC, query and update IMAGE databases. So it is possible
using ASP to keep your IMAGE database and still webify your application. I
have done it for my own use and for clients' use, and so have quite a few
others on this list.

At 08:08 AM 5/2/2001 -0700, John P. Bardessono wrote:
>Is anyone using Active Server Pages on/against the HP3000?
>How about "Engine(s)" development?
>
>I've been told that to do this we need to migrate our HP3000 application to
>MSSql/NT server (which I highly dought).
>
>Also helpful would be your definition of 1) ASP 2) "Engine(s)" and 3)
>Object.
>
>Thanks in advance for you input!

Tom Brandt
Northtech Systems, Inc.