HP3000-L Archives

May 2001, Week 1

From:
Jim Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2001 13:38:04 -0400
Well, since HP World 2001 is in Chicago (a mere 8 hours away by car), it
looks like I may actually be able to attend this one (my first since 1991).
However, I am astounded at the scheduling conflicts/anomalies that exist in
this year's program.  Now I know that scheduling these events is difficult,
but really!  Look at this:

On Wednesday, August 22, Alfredo's discourse is at the same time as SIGRapid
and SIGCobol, along with Web-Enabling Your HPe3000, so if you miss the
Monday training seminar, too bad.  SIGSysman is scheduled during lunch!
SIGMPE is scheduled alongside Creating GUI Apps and overlapping SIGSpeedware
and Advanced COBOL Programming.

On Thursday, SIGImage is scheduled during lunch, with SIG HP/SQL immediately
following (gee, Ken, looks like no lunch for you that day).  Interestingly
enough, the 10::00 AM to 11:00 AM and the 2:30 PM to 3:30 PM slots for MPE
is entirely open, not one seminar scheduled at that time, the 3:30 to 4:30
slot only has two seminars, and the HP 3000 Management Roundtable is
scheduled by itself (a good thing).

Friday has Wirt and QCTerm going up against two SIG's and VB.  SIG's
Omnidex, Java, and EMC are during lunch.  The 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM has only
two seminars running at the same time (again lots of open times).

The good news?

HP-UX: 5 tutorials, 21 papers, 2 panels, 1 roundtable, 2 SIG's
MPE:  9 tutorials, 20 papers, 1 panel, 2 roundtables, 18 SIG's

I am just wondering why the conference is so front-loaded.  Is Interex
saving space at the end for late entries?

Jim Phillips                           Information Systems Manager
Email: [log in to unmask]     Therm-O-Link, Inc.
Phone: 330-527-2124                         P. O. Box 285
Fax:   330-527-2123                           10513 Freedom Street
Web:   http://www.tolwire.com          Garrettsville, OH  44231