HP3000-L Archives

May 2001, Week 1

From:
Mark Bixby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Bixby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2001 11:37:40 -0700
Doug Werth wrote:
> Michael Gueterman mentioned that people often use WRQ file transfers because
> a firewall is blocking FTP. This could also be your problem with WRQ file
> transfer. Under newer versions PCLINK2 will open an extra socket for the
> file transfer rather than transfer it through the session. It is likely that
> there is a firewall in the way that is disallowing this port.
>
> To disable this feature go to file transfer setup and disable the Fast File
> transfer option. This might solve your problem.

Yes, it appears to be related to Fast File Transfer.  If I disable FFT, the
transfer will work OK.

When I packet sniff from my client side, Reflection file transfer is only
talking on the existing telnet connection, and I don't see the client
originating any SYNs to the server, nor are any server SYNs being received by
the client.

But SOCKINFO.NET.SYS does show a socket opened by PCLINK2.

Does anybody know if PCLINK2 FFT is FTP-like and establishes a TCP connection
back to the client?  If it does work that way, then possibly an HP firewall is
involved which is blocking the outbound connection for some reason.

I guess I will tell the user who wanted PCLINK2 that if they need FFT to use
FTP instead.
Remainder of .sig suppressed to conserve scarce California electrons...