HP3000-L Archives

May 2001, Week 1

From:
Jim Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2001 16:44:42 -0400
Is it possible to add a drive to a HASS unit and have the system recognize
the drive without doing a reboot?

I've searched the archives and I was under the impression that you could do
this; however, a couple of people have told me that I need to reboot in
order to get the new drive recognized by the O/S.  To me, this sort of
defeats the purpose of having how-swappable drives in an external unit.

Jim Phillips                           Information Systems Manager
Email: [log in to unmask]     Therm-O-Link, Inc.
Phone: 330-527-2124                         P. O. Box 285
Fax:   330-527-2123                           10513 Freedom Street
Web:   http://www.tolwire.com          Garrettsville, OH  44231