HP3000-L Archives

May 2001, Week 1

From:
"Johnson, Tracy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Johnson, Tracy
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2001 09:45:56 -0400
Seen on Slashdot:

Posted by timothy on Wednesday May 02, @09:50PM
from the read-it-and-weep dept.
malibucreek writes: "A writer at the LA Times actually responded to every
spam he got
for a week. The resulting article about his descent into marketing hell is
here.

http://www.latimes.com/business/cutting/features/lat_junk010503.htm

Of course, everything turned out to be a scam. (Duh!) But some of the scams
were just
pathetic enough to be funny. My faves? The pyramid scheme that helped
'"George"
reach his goal of making $7,000 a month within two years of getting out of
prison.' And the bogus
weight-loss plan that caused one sucker, er, customer, to gush, "This didn't
work, but it was full of
fiber and I was very regular!"" And at this very moment, some hot babes who
have been clamoring to
meet me electronically are finally at the door -- hallelujah!

Tracy Johnson
MSI Schaevitz Sensors