SCUBA-SE Archives

May 2001

From:
David Strike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2001 21:34:14 +1000
Lately, I've been rather slack in reading 'n' posting!  :-)

I've been busy preparing for the Asian Dive Expo, in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia,
from the 25th - 27th May inclusive - and sorting out my office and garage!
:-)

I've stumbled across some wonderful documents; magazines; letters; books;
periodicals; and bits 'n' pieces wot woz bought, collected, or bequeathed to
me, about diving; diving technology - and the sea.

It includes stuff like:
IWR (In Water Recompression) techniques evolved by Australian pearl divers.
Early reports on shark behaviour.  (This stuff is so good that it almost
reads like fiction and is worth heaps of posts!) :-)
Women & Diving
Military diving.  (Naturally!) :-)
Physical oceanography
Early diving destinations
Early liveaboards
Early caving
Wreck diving
Early equipment reports
How to make equipment!!! :-)
Early Tek! :-)
Industry standards
Commercial standards
Commercial techniques
Equipment use
'How to ...' reports
People Biogs.
Rebreathers
Helmets
History
Humourous escapades
Exploits
'Derring-do'

... and more.  :-)

I'm loathe to let it lie idle - or bequeath it to the DHS.  (It'll burn
before I let go of it!) :-)

Once I get back from KL - if folks are interested - I'll start posting
random excerpts as the mood takes me!  (I'd rather that any knowledge was
shared than be lost when I cark it!)  :-)

My inclination is to start with some of the fallacies about sharks - but
anyone got any preferences?  :-)

(Any response by me, may not be until early June!)  :-)

Strike