SCUBA-SE Archives

May 2001

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2001 00:34:04 -0400
On Mon, 30 Apr 2001 22:33:05 -0500, Mike <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>On 1 May 2001, at 9:50, Bjorn Vang Jensen wrote:

>> The only thing I have to add (and such a cynical view coming from me
>> should raise a few eyebrows) is that usually these "position papers"
>> herald the introduction of another specialty course :-)

Eyebrow dancing a la the late Watergate investigating Senator Sam
Erwin, da Feeesh asks, "How does one certify a Solo Diver?"
If there's an instructor around, the diver wouldn't be diving
solo, would it?  :-)   Perhaps an SOB Specialty Patch is in the
making!

>> BTST (been there, seen that) with Nitrox and Tek......
>
>Since TDI announced theirs earlier this year,

Was THAT why there were long flame threads in rec.scuba, initiated
by the WKPP/DIR poster boy Dan Volker on these SUBJECT titles:

"Bret Gilliam's diving solo comments in Rodale's Scuba Diving"
"Brett Gilliam/TDI head....Do drugs and heading an agency ..."
"ATTENTION ALL DRUG ADDICTS AND DRUNKS---TEAM STROKE WANTS YOU"

Scuba Diving and Scuba Discussion ain't what it used to be.  ;-)

>I have expected to see
>both PADI and NAUI follow suit. This does not surprise me in the
>least.

The "Bandwagon Syndrone" is alive and well, isn't it?  :-)

-- Bob.