SCUBA-SE Archives

May 2001

From:
Joe Childs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 22:09:00 -0400
On Thu, 10 May 2001 18:45:30 -0400, Reef Fish
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>On Thu, 10 May 2001 01:34:34 -0400, Joe Childs <[log in to unmask]>
>wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 9 May 2001 10:12:07 -0400, Reef Fish
>><[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>><SNIP>>
>>>At any rate, our boat starts at 10:00 am!!  :-))  It's LOW SEASON here,
>>>but beautiful weather.  By 8 am, the dive boats seen from my suite were,
>>>... in the order of appearance:  Scuba Du (1 boat), Aldora (3), Blue
>>>Bubbles (2), Deep Blue (2).  That was all!  No Black Shark AGAIN (didn't
>>>see one for my 6-days in Dec. here).   I think Black Shark shot its own
>>>fins during the Coz99NEDfest.  :-)  I stopped diving with it ever since
>>>and advised everyone NOT to dive with it.  They still have a shop, but
>>>perhaps they only cater to snorkelers and boat rental now.

>>Many, if not most boats that pick people up at the Pro-Dive pier do so
>>beginning at 8:30AM. You stopped looking before the diving day had really
>>even begun. Black Shark boats typically leave the pier at around 8:45. You
>>know that, Bob.
>
>Wrong again, Joe!  My boat didn't leave until 10 am.
<SNIP>

Sorry, what did I say that was wrong????
"Many boats pick people up beginning at 8:30?" or "BS boats typically leave
at 8:45?"
I was merely trying to point out to unsuspecting readers that they should
not expect to see a Black Shark boat at 8am, the time that you stopped
looking, and started whining about them (again).

<SNIP/SNIP/SNIP>

I'm not going to get into paragraph by paragraph rebuttal/argument/flame
war with you. I stand by my comments, they were valid.

>You\re of course perfectly welcome to choose with whom you dive.  But if
>you're going to bitch about what  *I* post about them, you'd better check
>YOUR FACTS first.

Thank you. I check my information as thoroughly as *I* feel is warranted.
Anything I wrote was an honest attempt to set the record straight.
For the record, my *opinion*, based on FACTS is that Black Shark Dive Shop
receives an inordinate amount of undeserved criticism from you. Period.

-Joe