SCUBA-SE Archives

May 2001

Date:
Thu, 31 May 2001 16:11:03 -0500
.<SNIP>
> It is an Air-Integrated Software because it allow to plan
> a dive with a prefixed air reserve. Using it you'll never go out of air!
> In addition it show in a very clear manner what happens in our tissues
> and what is the difference between conventional and deep stops.

No computer or piece of software no matter how sophistcated can keep you
from running out of air if you choose not to look at it. Most people who run
out of air do so because they are ignoring things to which they should be
paying attention.  Adding a few hundred dollars to the price tag of the
hardware will not raise the intelligence level of the end-user.

A piece of hardware that shot you to the surface when you were approaching
zero might help but then, you would probably have other problems as a result
of looking like a Poseidon missile.

CH
.