SCUBA-SE Archives

May 2001

From:
Lee Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 07:21:32 -0400
> Carol Reid wrote:
> > Most of the guys in our club have comfort zips fitted to their dry
suits -
> > comfort for *whizzing* that is - no comfort zips around the rear.

If it were not for the fact that I'm in the same state, in the same city
until they were sold and moved further north, as Halcyon, I would not know
about this.  Having recently shipped a novelthy item to the U.K. for an on
line friend, I happen to know that there is a device that seems to be
politely called an overboard discharge, less politely called a P valve that
allows males to relieve urinary distress in a drysuit without soiling or
freezing themselves.  I guess it should not surprise me that they come in
balanced and unbalanced models, have a size to fit all physiques and are a
bit on the expensive side for something so simple.  I doubt that there is
anything quite so simple for female drysuit divers.

Lee