HP3000-L Archives

April 2001, Week 5

From:
Doug Werth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Doug Werth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 09:02:31 -0400
"Chana, Harpreet TCS1C" <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> I have a old HP3000 system. I am heaving the full backup also. But I dont
> have CSLT tape.
>
> It was switched off long back and right now it is not is use.
>
> Now we have to recover some data from this system. During the booting time
> it is showing 2 disk's are missing.
>
> Is it possible without the CSLT I can reload the full backup on new
disk's.

You should be able create an SLT right now, even with disks missing. All
that is needed to create an SLT resides on LDEV 1. It is possible that some
files have migrated off of LDEV 1 as a result of RESTOREs. If this is the
case then the SLT creation may fail, and you will have to go into the
SYSFILE section of SYSGEN and remove the missing files, then try to make SLT
again.

Once the SLT is created you can re-install the system and restore the data
from your full backup.

Doug Werth                             Beechglen Development Inc.
[log in to unmask]                               Cincinnati, Ohio