HP3000-L Archives

April 2001, Week 4

From:
Christian Lheureux <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 15:32:00 +0200
Here are a few ideas :

You say you had 800 users and added 450. That's a total of 1,250. Let's
consider an average of 10,000-40,000 sectors per user. Yes, at some point,
we have to assume figures before we get a chance to do the actual
measurement. That brings us to a total of 12,500,000-50,000,000 sectors, in
other words 3.1 - 12.5 gigabytes. It's likely you run into availabily and/or
fragmentation of free disk space, with such huge numbers.

I have no idea of what an SA 1455 really is. Only a memory dump can tell.
The only sure thing is that it's a trap that occurred in the Process
Management part of MPE, which is actually a piece of code that all processes
use at some point.

Christian Lheureux
Responsable du Département Systèmes et Réseaux / Head of Systems and
Networks Department
APPIC R.H.
business partner hp invent
Tel : +33-1-69-80-97-22   /   Fax : +33-1-69-80-97-14 / e-mail :
"Le Groupe APPIC recrute, contactez nous !"