HP3000-L Archives

April 2001, Week 4

From:
Jeff Kubler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Kubler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 09:16:22 -0700
Mark,
I looked at the article and it does sound rather disappointing.  It is
especially so when you know that this is a software design issue and not
related to the hardware available.  Added to this is a realization that
companies often make decisions on out dated information.  I have seen this
several times.  A decision is made to go away from a software solution, but
in fact that solution had never been totally implemented in a proper
manner.  Compounding this, once the decision is made it may be several
years and the functionality that was lacking initially, is now present but
no one will look again.  They have too much of themselves invested to
reconsider.
Thanks,
Jeff Kubler
At 07:46 AM 4/17/01 -0500, Mark Landin wrote:
>Follow this link for an article on an Open Skies customer dropping
>them. If the description of the functionality/limitations of Open
>Skies is true, then I don't blame them:
>
>http://www.informationweek.com/832/vanguard.htm
>
>I checked and Vanguard Air is listed as a customer on
>www.openskies.com.
>
>If Open Skies is supposed to showcase HP hardware, software, and
>services, and the software is limited in the areas mentioned in the
>article, then I'm embarassed for HP.

Jeff Kubler
Kubler Consulting, Inc.
541-745-7457