HP3000-L Archives

April 2001, Week 4

From:
Stephens Gary <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephens Gary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 07:51:56 +0100
A thought from across the pond,

hmmm $1.00 a gallon, I dream of paying less than £3.00 a gallon, hell that's
around $5 a gallon. However let's not loose sight that the US Gallon is
smaller than the UK gallon (Boy that makes me feel so much better :-(
perhaps we need a shortage !
Then again better not as it would only produce a reason to increase prices
further. I am not saying you should be grateful (far from it) one day I
intend to visit the US. Not just to see the sights and deliver lots of hard
earned cash into the 'Disney' regime but just out of curiosity, I want to
know what it feels like to fill up a car and pay less than $140.00 for that
privilege, that's what my receipt says for last night, and that was a cheap
petrol station !

Yours in poverty and despair (whilst still dreaming of that fabled $1.00 per
gallon)....

Gary Stephens
Windward Solutions Limited (UK)