HP3000-L Archives

April 2001, Week 4

From:
Jim Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 12:52:50 -0400
I got this from Fox News.  I can't vouch for the validity of the numbers,
but it sure is interesting:

FUEL FOR THOUGHT

When we get a hold of interesting facts from our "Brainroom"(the underground
hideaway where our FNC researchers work), we like to pass them on to you!
Check out what our fact finders found out about America's rather astonishing
gas-guzzling habits:

--The average U.S. driver uses about 690 gallons of gasoline a year.
--Each 10-cent rise in prices adds about $70 to the average driver's annual
gas bill.
--During the 1990's, gas consumption grew at a rate of 1.5 percent per year.
--American motorists consume about one out of every nine barrels of oil used
in the world.
--In 2000, the average price of gas per gallon was $1.51.

Jim Phillips                           Information Systems Manager
Email: [log in to unmask]     Therm-O-Link, Inc.
Phone: 330-527-2124                         P. O. Box 285
Fax:   330-527-2123                           10513 Freedom Street
Web:   http://www.tolwire.com          Garrettsville, OH  44231