HP3000-L Archives

April 2001, Week 4

From:
Mike Reaser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Reaser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 10:01:17 -0500
<semi-flame>

OK, it's a good thing that pinfo() will soon be GR, but before HP
devotes a lot of resources to this new functionality, why not make
sure that **EXISTING** functionality works in 7.0?

We've got some new A and N class systems at our remote sites, all
running pre-installed 7.0.  *NONE* of those systems had TERMDSM,
nor did they have a *working* copy of Glance.

In three weeks I've had two calls (one for each utility) rise to
WTEC and escalation because of these issues.

Yo, HP!  Did no one bother to check that basic system utilities
worked at 7.0 before it escaped (I hesitate to say "was released")?
And why not make sure "the basics" work before running around
worrying about new functionality?

</semi-flame>

--
    Mike Reaser, Atlanta, GA, USA         B2f+tw+dcvg+kvs++l+
ICQ 36141307   If it's there, remove the YOUKNOW to, well, you know