HP3000-L Archives

April 2001, Week 4

Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 16:16:20 -0500
I just received my entitlement announcement for the HP MPE/IX 7.0 bora
bora release.

I notice in the New Features and Technologies section that one is "IO
throughput performance improvement at 440MB/sec from 32/MB sec on the
current hp-pb (nio) systems"

Dang! That's a rather large increase and I am surprised it was not
remarked on in this group.  Does anyone know how this was accomplished or
was left so slow to begin with?

My 918LX always seemed grossly slow parsing through LIST'd LOGTOOL entries
with grep in posix, I wonder if this will help.

Paul

remove the _n.o.s.p.a.m