HP3000-L Archives

April 2001, Week 3

From:
Erik Vistica <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Erik Vistica <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 19:01:22 -0500
I believe that if you use :PRINT or :FCOPY to look at the file with
Display Functions, you will see a CR/LF that is produced by the default
CCTL for the FWRITE (in PRINT or FCOPY) that writes the record to the
port. So, there really is only 1 LF per record. To be sure, you can use
:FCOPY from=myfile;to;char;hex and look at the actual hex output (my
personal favorite way to see what is really there). If in the shell  od
-xc myfile  will work too.
I haven't tested this but if you're in vi and don't hit CR on that last
line, I don't think you get a final LF.

HTH