HP3000-L Archives

April 2001, Week 3

From:
Peter Osborne <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Osborne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 14:30:40 -0400
Hello All,

We have been given the project of ensuring that all credit card numbers
that are stored in Image datasets are encrypted. Does anyone out there have
experience with encrypting & decrypting data using Cobol & Image?

Without knowing too much about it, we were considering using the libraries
provided with OpenSSL. Of course these are C libraries & we are using Cobol
but I think it is possible to call the libraries from Cobol (I believe it's
done in a Lars Appel CGI example). Note, I am not a Cobol programmer, I
just speak for them.

If anyone has any input on these ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Peter Osborne
Web Developer
Carleton Technologies