HP3000-L Archives

April 2001, Week 3

From:
Richard Bayly <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Bayly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 10:31:59 -0500
Steve, you need to look in nmmgr to see what is being logged. If you open
the config and then do:

NS->Unguided Config->Go To Logging

you will see different logging events for both console and disk logging. It
sounds like that Class 5 logging has been disabled to disk. This does
generate a large number of log records, and we usually advise people to have
this turned on when we need to analyse a network problem.

So I would check this entry out, but if it is not enabled, then I would
leave it off until required. If you do want to enable it, change it in
NMMGR, validate netxport, exit nmmgr, and do a 'switchnmlog update'.

Regards

Richard Bayly
Hewlett-Packard Response Centre, Australia

"Steve Hammond" <[log in to unmask]> wrote in message
> I used to create several NMLG files daily. Now I only 7 on my system, the
last one created on 12/2/00 and it is still being accessed. That date
coincides with my upgrade to 6.0 (done by HP), so obviously am no longer
logging something. What do I need to check, look for etc.