HP3000-L Archives

April 2001, Week 3

From:
Glenn Cole <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Glenn Cole <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 09:21:14 -0700
James Reynolds noted the gloomy news about HP's upcoming management
layoffs, but I missed seeing the URL (at least in the archives...speaking
of which, the join/leave trailer is there as well).  c|net's NEWS.COM has
the story at

   http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1003-200-5647831.html

With this round of (management) layoffs, plus the previous round of
marketing layoffs, it's pretty clear that the old "HP way" is gone.

Agilent, however, reportedly is taking a different strategy, eliminating
all contractors (eventually; RAT, is that you??) and asking employees to
take Fridays off.  (This is just what I heard, not necessarily fact.)
Sounds more like the old "HP way" to me.  Maybe this should be called
the "Agilent way."  Fitting, given that it appears the old HP core values
went with the old HP core products.

--Glenn, obviously speaking strictly for myself