HP3000-L Archives

April 2001, Week 2

From:
John Clogg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Clogg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 12:18:11 -0700
Here is my post from February 23.  The subject line was "VTERM
Configuration":

The maximum number of VT sessions is set by adjusting the maximum number of
VTSERVER processes with the NSCONTROL command.  You can see its current
setting with NSCONTROL STATUS=SUMMARY.  Part of the resulting display will
look like this:

SERVER      MIN    MAX  ACTIVE RESERVED DEBUG

HPIPNS        0  32767       0        0  OFF

RASERVER      0    300       0        0  OFF

IASQLSVR      0  32767       0        0  OFF

NSSTATUS      0    300       0        0  OFF

HCSERVER      0  32767       0        0  OFF

LOOPBACK      0    300       0        0  OFF

VTSERVER      0   1536       7        0  OFF

NFT           0    300       0        0  OFF

DSSERVER      0    300       0        0  OFF

Note the minimum and maximum values for VTSERVER (the defaults are 0 and
300).  You can change the values as follows:

:NSCONTROL SERVER=VTSERVER,0,500

which sets the minimum and maximum to 0 and 500, respectively.  Note that
these values will revert to their defaults each time you network is
restarted.  It is a good idea to set up a command file to start up the
network which contains the NSCONTROL command to reestablish the desired
values.  There is no way to specify the LDEV numbers used.