HP3000-L Archives

April 2001, Week 2

From:
Chris Goodey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Goodey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 14:51:20 -0700
I thought SprintPCS let you use their phone as a modem
(if you had paid the $10 a month extra for web enabling)
then you could use your laptop and dial-up anything
(with a 14.4kbps modem) be it your HP3000 support link,
or your regular internet provider.

The minutes just come off your regular minutes, and most
Sprint users have lots of weekend and evening minutes.
Note sure if Laughlin is on the Sprint PCS network though.

Anyone out there use this to access their HP3000?
I was wondering about it for remote support, since
I wouldn't need to find a land-line, nor use
up long distance on a friends home phone line, or try
and find a working motel line, etc.

Now 9600-14,400 is not real speedy for internet access,
but is all the HP support links will do anyway, and thus
probably good enough for most support problems.