HP3000-L Archives

April 2001, Week 2

From:
Tom Emerson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Emerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 16:26:57 -0400
On Fri, 13 Apr 2001 16:13:30 -0400, Bruce Conrad
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>btw, I have a question. Does anyone have/use/know of software that can send
>alpha pages
>to groups of pager numbers? This would be for Windoze, supporting our HP
3000's.
>also, free is nice. I see there is NotePager which I will try...
>thanks

Depending upon the service utilized, you might be able to use e-mail.
The "pager" integrated into my cell phone has the ability to accept and
display (short) e-mail messages [about 150-200 chars, I think, including
the "from: " and "to:" information]  With the various linkages to SMTP
servers that are out there, it would be a simple matter to write a job or
script that blasts the same message to multiple e-mail addresses [one at a
time so the "to:" line isn't horrendeous]

Likewise, many of these cell/pager companies are putting up web sites where
you can send a message.  Since it is "just an html 'form'", it should be
fairly simple to write a perl/java/language-of-the-week routine to dash off
multiple http "PUTS"...

Tom

* To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, etc *
*     please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html       *