HP3000-L Archives

April 2001, Week 2

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 09:39:22 EDT
Leonard writes:

> <<I'm actually not kidding about this. "Unsubscribe" is such an odd English
>  word that it probably wouldn't pass a Scrabble challenge (at least not
>  without causing an argument). I would strongly suspect that you could do a
>  text search of all of the postings from the beginnings of HP3000-L and not
>  find it in an inappropriate message.>>
>
> Maybe yes and maybe no, but if Wirt's suggestion were in effect, Jim
> Phillips, Gavin Scott and Wirt himself would have been automatically
> dropped from this list, perhaps several times.

I meant to mention this as an auxiliary benefit of the proposal, but simply
forgot. The direct result of the proposal would be that this subject could
never again be discussed on the list -- at least not easily and not without
euphemisms and code words :-).

Wirt Atmar

* To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, etc *
*     please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html       *