HP3000-L Archives

April 2001, Week 2

From:
Reid Larson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Reid Larson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 00:46:57 -0500
Tracy Pierce wrote:
> I believe the reason you see what you see is that when in DisplayFunctions
> mode, a CR causes a linefeed, while an LF does not.  So DisplayFunctions
> isn't "pure".

When Display Functions is on(Alt-M F7), all incoming characters are
displayed, rather than processed.  This is true of ESC as well as both CR
and LF.  CR also advances the cursor to the beginning of the next line for
readability.  So what you see is what the host sent, in exactly the order it
was received.

> (it won't show you NUlls, either, one great reason for keeping
> an HP2645A around, which has "monitor mode").

If you use Alt-Y to bring up the RCL command window and type this command:
   SET STRIP-NULLS-DELS NO
Followed by Enter, Reflection will show you subsequent incoming Nulls (as
NU) and Deletes (as DT).

The remaining oddity is that if AUTO-LF is on, (Type Alt-M to see if it is)
then an incoming CR will display as CR LF.

I believe all this is true in all versions of Reflection on all platforms,
going all the way back to PC2622 on DOS.  Even the keystrokes are the same,
except for the Macintosh versions of Reflection.  My experience with
Reflection only goes back 14 years, so I'm not sure about the really old WRQ
emulation software.

-Reid
WRQ, Inc.

* To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, etc *
*     please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html       *