HP3000-L Archives

April 2001, Week 1

From:
Barry Durand <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barry Durand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 10:04:37 -0700
This exact thing happened to me once also.  I thought that
the paper sensor had died.  I called HP and the CE came out
and replace the paper sensor, no luck, he replaced the
main board and various other parts, no luck.  He was going
crazy trying to figure out what the heck was wrong.
Finally, he noticed a small white patch were it should not
have been white.  He took the printer further apart and
found a label (we often printed envelope labels) that was
stuck between the paper sensor and where the paper usually
passed.  Once he removed the label everything was back to
normal.

So, even if you replace every part of the printer, look again
for a stuck piece of label or paper!

Good Luck,

Barry

Allegro Consultants    408.252.2330