HP3000-L Archives

April 2001, Week 1

From:
Denys Beauchemin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 17:55:42 -0500
>Wirt wrote: If someone wants to filter out most of the noise, I think
there is a relatively simple rule that could be >imposed in anyone's email
filter: (i) seek out the phrase OT: in the subject line, and/or (ii) look
for the word "wirt" in >the body of the text. I think you'd get rid of
virtually all of the trash in one fell swoop. I know that's the rule I use.
>Wirt Atmar

My LookOut ((c) Lars Appel) is set up with a multitude (ok, a score) of
subfolders.  I have a whole bunch of rules set up to distribute the mail
into the various subfolders and this works quite well.  I did make an
improvement on the rule that Wirt presented above.  Anything with the word
"wirt" in the body of the text, or in the return address automatically gets
flagged as high importance and sent to the main folder.  If there is "OT:"
in the subject line on top of that, the computer emits a sound.  I want to
see those right away.

Kind regards,

Denys. . .

Denys Beauchemin
HICOMP
(800) 323-8863  (281) 288-7438         Fax: (281) 355-6879
denys at hicomp.com                             www.hicomp.com