HP3000-L Archives

April 2001, Week 1

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 00:22:34 EDT
Gavin wrote earlier regarding a Windows disc administration tool:

> The most insanely cool one is:
>
>     http://www.werkema.com/software/spacemonger.html

Let me say that now that I've used this program for most of the evening, I'm
willing to elevate my opinion to "insanely cool" too, simply because of one
PC that we have.

We bought a Dell computer just two years back, at 400MHz and with a 4.0Gb
drive, which was a fairly big machine at the time. But Dell didn't tell me
that we were going to get our 4.0Gbytes distributed in 4 drives, the largest
of which is the C:\ drive at 1.3Gb.

Having a system distributed over an array of fairly small drives, with no two
the same size, has proven to be a real pain. Programs constantly crash
because we run out space on the C:\ drive at the most inopportune times. Even
worse, not being able until this evening to see a synoptic view has made
management of this one PC surprisingly difficult.

So while I remain unwilling to go on national TV and announce that
"Spacemonger has changed my life!", it is exactly what I've been needing for
a long time. Thanks again, Gavin,

Wirt Atmar