HP3000-L Archives

April 2001, Week 1

From:
Nick Demos <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nick Demos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Apr 2001 14:53:30 -0400
You're right Denys, I am confused.

1.  If the climate is NOT warming, why is the sea level rising at least in
the Atlantic.
    It IS rising, just go to the beach and view all the beach  houses
faliing into
    the Atlantic.

2.  As far as energy production is concerned, it IS polluting and has long
term
     effects.  Acid rain is no myth.

What to do?  Possibly:

1.  Conserve (helps, but will not solve the problem).
2.  Use technology (solar panels, wind generation, etc.) helps but will
not....
3.  Build more of the new breed of atomic power plants.
4.  PLAN to meet future requirements.

This last is most important.  A free economy SHOULD result in a solution
with
the government mandating the necessay polution controls.  BUT the government
(state or local) is FOOLISH if they don't step in if things look like they
will go
wrong - rolling black outs on theWest coast,  summer brown outs on the East
coast.   The politicians will pay if they increase.

I've just got started on the subject, but I'll quit for now.

Regards,

Nick D.