HP3000-L Archives

April 2001, Week 1

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
HP-3000 Systems Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
From:
"Steve Dirickson (Volt)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 11:22:34 -0700
> I simply wanted to point out that just using Partition Magic
> (PM) did not
> do the whole job.  One still needs to make the modifications
> with respect
> to drive names in the shortcuts and the registry.

Understood, and I appreciate you filling in for my oversight.

> Furthermore, there are
> some people who simply tune out when you mention they need to
> edit the
> registry, and if you make a mistake you can really hose your
> system.  There
> are utilities to do these mass changes available on the web.

Which make the process much less error-prone than if they modifications
had to be done manually. People can still mess it up, but I wanted to
point out that someone of Wirt's technical acumen has the option, and
the ability, to eliminate the source of frustration.

* To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, etc *
*     please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html       *