SCUBA-SE Archives

April 2001

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Apr 2001 11:57:07 -0400
On Sun, 8 Apr 2001 23:41:15 +1000, David Strike <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> On that last GBR trip, every time we spotted a triggerfish of
> whatever variety - and size - they'd make a bee-line for me with
> their little teeth gnashing away ready to rip me to pieces!) :-)

( snip )

>That's why my lycra suit looks as though moths have got at it - it's
>all those bloody little gobies!  :-)
>
>Strike

NOW I finally remembered!

"Those little gobies"??  They are GIANT sized Killer-Gobies, compared
to the BABY-juvenile Drumfish at the Las Palmas dive in the
Coz99NEDfest that attacked Strike, shreading his lycra suit all to
pieces.  If you don't believe it, just ask ANY of the NEDfesters
who happened to be on our boat at that dive.  :-)

Strike was so startled that he made a motion that a mere mortal
(other than a Viking God) would have made had he been attacked by
a Tiger Shark rumored to have been seen in Coz once upon the time.

Yes indeed, Strike.  You are THE favorite fish food.

-- Bob.