SCUBA-SE Archives

April 2001

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 17:22:54 -0400
In the Flamefest of March, there was an unprecedented 37 messages
in the thread "Recruit defined" that lasted from March 8 to 17,
and spilled over to at least a dozen OTHER threads, before,
during, and after that thread!

That was AFTER I had already posted

> Thu, 8 Mar 2001 13:07:30 -0500
> Subject:   Pedantic and Pathetic Thread on Lee Bell's diversion and
>            lying tactics

  >Reef Fish wrote:
  >
  >> So here we have Lee with his private polls as he had with Jan, Ron
  >> Lee and others about people's private complaints about MY calling
  >> people names, in Scuba-L.

> Lee was the one who introduced the term "recruited" which was NOT
> in my statement he cited.  However, I saw no objection to his use
> of the term since it coincided with my understanding of the term
> "was recruited".

The only USA posters on the list who backed the FOREIGN use of
"recruited" to mean "successfully recruited" were three who have
been KNOWN to find any excuse to flame "Bob".  :-)

I finally saw an opportunity to ask a DISINTERESTED GROUP (of
both foreigners AND USA posters) in rec.scuba about the use of
the word "recruited", without giving any background of the
Scuba-SE Flamefest, and stated my quesiton in such a way that
the first responder (see below) even DELETED the keypoint of
my question! :-)