SCUBA-SE Archives

April 2001

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 07:04:31 -0400
On Fri, 27 Apr 2001 05:59:53 +0000, John Hauer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>We are now in Cairns where *everyone* knows Strike.

>And, the guy has a lot of nick-names.)

An Old Bastard wouldn't be considered a nickname, would it?  :-)
Nobody THERE would know him as a Viking God.  David the Triggerfish
Killer?  You've give us some of those names to call Strike, on
suitable occasions.  :-)

>The real life practice of visiting swim-throughs, caves
>and wrecks....
>We do dive overhead environs (caves, wrecks, swim-
>throughs, etc). We are not certified as such, but,

To out and rent (or as they say, hire) an Asbestos Drysuit <tm>
and put it on immediately, before you-know-who comes out
SCREAMING.  :-)  Others may join him in a Screaming Chorus too.
Diving CAVES (not a mere OW swim-through) without certification???

>how do you get experience to get to the certification???

Have you not heard of a certification COURSE?  There are
Specialty Courses in Wreck and Cave diving, among others.
Otherwise, you might DIE before you get to the certification.
We don't wanna see that happen before you get to the
CAIV02NEDfest! :-)

-- Bob.