SCUBA-SE Archives

April 2001

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 04:40:18 -0400
On Wed, 25 Apr 2001 20:41:37 -0500, Mike <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>The last few recommendations that I seen from the DIR camp on
>open water rigs have been with 40" hoses on both primary and
>secondary rather than the 5' hose.

Or rather than the 6' or 7' hose.

It's about time they DSR (Do SOMETHING RIght)!  :-)

Their next step is to get out of their Neanderthal suit and wake
up to the fact that we HAVE BEEN in the dive-computer age, for
YEARS!

BTW, an internet-connection IDIOT that I yam, I have been stumped
for months as to why I could receive email from my regular RFLING
email account (using Eudora -- my much preferred emailer) while I
am away from home, and NOT able to send or reply from it.

So, I have been using my posting address for Scuba-SE for EMAIL
when I was away from my SC home, even though I NEVER use Yahoo
email (because it's a POS) even for posting here because of the
ridiculously short line-limit imposed by Yahoo (I use the LISTSERV
archives webpage for reading and posting instead).

I yam happy to announce that from NOW on, if anyone sends me EMAIL
to [log in to unmask], it may be there for weeks or
months before I read it.  ALWAYS use [log in to unmask], from now
until eternity.  :-)   To spite those who had used the saying
"there are BOLD divers, and there are OLD divers, but there are
no OLD, BOLD divers" to flame me, I have decided to live and dive
boldly FOREVER.  So far, so good.  :-))   But seriously, the mere
thought that I may live forever (because of advances in medical
science) scares the HELL out of ME <G>, not to mention those who
have to put up with me.  <BWG>   So, I may change my mind about
living forever some day.  But until then, to quote the immortal:

Strike> "I yam what I yam; and that's all that I yam, says Popeye
Strike>  the sailorman.  Toot-Toot!"  (The toot-toot bit was from
Strike>  the pipe always stuck in the side of his mouth!)  :-)

And here I jam, Boop-Boop!  (The boop-boop bit is from the horn
of the Chattanooga Choo Choo.)  :-)

-- Bob.