SCUBA-SE Archives

April 2001

From:
Philip Brooks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 19:23:05 -0400
Hey,
I'm fairly new to diving, actually really new to diving since I just got my
OW certification in Feb.  Anyways, I've been lurking on this list and
reading some newsgroups and have noticed people saying something about their
reg hose....going down behind the backplate, under the right arm and across
the chest, then around the back of your neck, and into your mouth.  Of
course you'd need a long hose for this, but I was wondering if this was
something I should think about doing?  what exactly is the purpose in doing
this?  Other then being able to donate that reg. to someone in an OOA
situation since they go for the one in your mouth first.  Is it just a
matter of preference?  Just wondering who does this or what the advantages
of this type of setup has over the regular hose over the right shoulder.

Phil