SCUBA-SE Archives

April 2001

From:
Krazy Kiwi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 07:22:37 -0400
On Sun, 15 Apr Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>>John Hauer wrote:
>>> As far as reading the digests, sorry I just can't open
>>> most of them...the internet has a bit more room to grow
>>> out here....
>
>The internet HAS GROWN.  The LISTSERV Digests are a thing of
>the past, listserv dinasaurs of sorts.  For accuracy of knowing
>who said what to whom and reference to posts in general, I have
>campaign for MONTHS for everyone to use the WEBPAGE archives to
>read Scuba-SE.  You can post and reply directly from it too.

Bob, I think it was more a problem with Internet Explorer than anything
else. Yesterday it was down on this side of the island. I know because,
inbetween shovelling gravel & dirt and laying concrete slabs all day, I
kept re-trying to log on via IE every time I came in for a drink of water.
When it got too dark for me to see what I was doing I packed it in, put
dinner in the microwave & while undusting myself in the shower it came
right. Believe me, where John was (Carnarvon) it aint exactly a holiday
resort town. It is better known as banana country :-) It is so small there
is no such thing as public transport.

>Crusty Russ replied to John with:
>>I've sent you info on the trip direct to your email address.  We would
>>be delighted to have you aboard. The trip dates are June 8-15, 2002 so
>>that might be a problem for you. I'm sure everyone else on board
>>wouldn't mind waiting around moored at the dock for the first few days
>>of the trip until you could get there.  :-)

After meeting John & Vicky in the flesh I can tell you they will fit hand-
in-glove on the liveaboard, and you will all feel like you have known them
for years.
Viv