SCUBA-SE Archives

April 2001

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 07:19:30 -0400
On Thu, 12 Apr 2001 16:48:43 +1300, J.M. Vitoux
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Lee Bell wrote:
>
><snip>
>>
>> I started this thread by requesting unspecified others avoid using
>> derogatory terms as weapons (probably not that clearly, but that was my
>> point).  I thought and I still think that within the next few posts
within a
>> couple of posts, those who I was trying to address understood what I was
>> saying and acted to correct the problem.  That was all I hoped for.  It
>> would be very nice if things were left at that and this series of threads
>> were to end.
>>
>> I don't expect it, but it would be nice.  I doubt that anyone is looking
>> forward to a fight like the one so recently ended.  I'm sure I'm not, I
>> suspect Bob's not, I hope everyone else is not.

>I'll address the "derogatory terms" part from my perspective.

I have skipped responding to many posts including some of the new
entries from the old gang who attends EVERY Bob-lyching party, such
as Kenneth Smith (who otherwise are seldom heard in ANY SCUBA
discussions) because I have no TIME to play this racist/derogatory
word-game with you guys and I have already explained my part
more than adequately.

I'll be very busy with my move the next several days, and this may
be my last till I return.  Jean-Marc's "perspective" post (since he
is the CHIEF NOISE MAKER and DEROGATIVE NAME CALLER in this round)
cannot be left unchallenged which is my ONLY reason for this
particular follow-up.

>Bob regularly and consistently engages in name calling, I don't.

Another MYTH about me, by the former Scuba-L gang, now the Scuba-SE
gang.

Let's see, I called SOME of the idiots in Scuba-L IDIOTS.  Very true,
as Jean-Marc quoted my explanation of calling a Spade a Spade.  But
now EVERY Bob-flamer makes a big point about me calling EVERYONE
who disagrees with me an "idiot'.

So,  I did an archives search to see how many times I've called
anybody an IDIOT this year in which flamewars are not exactly
nonexitent, and there are certainly many disagreements, between
Sttrike and me alone.  I found exactly 5 (FIVE) hits using my ID
as author, 1 January 2001 as the starting date, and "IDIOT" as
the single keyword in the archives search:

**********  Thu, 4 Jan 2001 06:35:51 -0500

**********  Sat, 27 Jan 2001 07:12:25 -0500
> For the 9th consecutive post,
>>--- Nicholas Drake <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> >> PLEASE CAN YOU REMOVE MY DETAILS FROM YOUR DATA BASE.
> >> I DO NOT KNOW WHY YOU ARE WRITING TO ME. THANK YOU.
>
> When you repeatedly posted the same "request", to many different
> posters, you became an IDIOT!

**********  Mon, 5 Mar 2001 14:39:51 -0500
Quoting Lee:
>PS: How about coming up with some new names.  Idiot, liar, mental
>midget, Aldora Idiot, swine and the like are getting a bit old.

**********  Tue, 6 Mar 2001 12:53:40 -0500
on COMPUTERS:
>> non-thinking IDIOTS who can follow programmer instructions

^^^^^^^^^^  Tue, 10 Apr 2001 01:56:07 -0400
> I was pointing to your hypocritical stance of NOT applying the
> same standards to Strike and me, you IDIOT!
after Jean-Marc played the same GAME the umpteenth time.

So, *I* used the term "IDIOT" or "idiot" 4 times this year, all
calling a Spade a Spade, including the HMIL idiot about myself.

Jean-Marc selected this quote of mine to flame me now:

>BL> of IDIOTS <tm>  and Mental Midgets <tm> like yourself posting

Jean-Marc must have saved this for YEARS just for occasions of
FALSE allegations about me (regularly and consistently) in his
self-serving posts like this.  I couldn't find it in either the
archives of Scuba-SE or Scuba-L.  The ONLY post in -SE I can find
with the keyword "mental midget" was the same quote by Lee, in
the search under keyword "IDIOT".

Next case.

>Bob took exception with my calling him names like "Taleban Bob"
>etc. By using those names, I was merely characterizing him as
>being intolerant. I don't see why he is complaining about this
>since this is OK by his own standards.

Yeah, right.  Let's examine YOUR supposed evidence for your point:

>Quote from Bob :
>
>---------------------------------
>
>That's an entirely separately issue from "Calling a Spade a
>Spade", as I explained in the post cited.  To put a person
>into a Class Membership through a history of consistent BEHAVIOR
>of said person that is consistent with the Class Membership label
>(good OR bad) is not Ad Hominem, nor Argumentum ad Hominem

That was my explanation of Class Membership of the IDIOT label.
in a post in Scuba-L almost a year ago!  in reply to ... who else?
RF> At 10:36 PM 4/28/00 +1300, Jean-Marc wrote:

Since when are these derogatory terms below CLASS Memberships?
Who else is in any of those CLASSES?

  **********  March 12:  Taleban Bob
  **********  March 16:  Obersturmbannfuehrer Von Fisch
  **********  March 16:  SloBobdan Lingosevic
  **********  March 16:  Osama Bob Laden
  **********  April 6:   Reef Fish the large Groupayatollah

>Through a history of consistent behaviour, Bob qualifies to be
>put in the Class Membership as I defined previously.
>Calling bob those names is therefore OK by his own standards

Class membership?  Sheeesh.  You can twist in a manner that is
less apparent than THAT twist, Jean-Marc.

>Jean-Marc

Jean-Marc, you have lost ALL credibility, long before now.

-- Bob.