SCUBA-SE Archives

April 2001

From:
Bjorn Vang Jensen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 08:02:07 +0800
Giovanni!

If you are looking specifically for a live-aboard experience, this may not
be a good recommendation, but if you are looking for nudis and lionfish,
then the Philippines is pretty damned difficult to beat in Asia Pacific.

I would recommend either Anilao (a macro photographer's wettest dream come
true) or Puerto Galera. The dive sites are usually a few minutes from your
hotel by banca (the local outriggers), and the diving is cheap. You can
still easily do 4 or 5 dives per day if you want.

In Anilao, the only decent hotel is Eagle Point Resort, and in Puerto Galera
it is Atlantis.

Anilao is about 2 hours from Manila by car. Puerto Galera requires an
additional hour on a banca.

Bjorn