SCUBA-SE Archives

April 2001

From:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 18:36:06 -0400
John Bird wrote:

> > > I guess you could always just exhale through your mask.  :-)
> > Oi, wot's wrong wiv that? :-)
> Pros.....it helps loosen the "boogers" in your nose?
> Cons.....your get "boogers" on the lenses?
>
> Just ask Julian. I would dare anyone to match "snot-outs" with
> him. (he's gonna kill me...I know it!)

Nope, my money is on Jim Greenlee (whom I haven't heard from in years).
He is the undisputed snot/blood-master in my book.  I vividly recall a
display of his technique following a dive to the bottom of the far end
of the Pelham, Alabama "Blue Hole" frequented by myself, Mike Wallace,
and other southeastern US divers in the vicinity.  I don't know that I'd
say it was "impressive", but it was quite "memorable", much like my
fish-feeding through the regulator at the same place following a lunch
of Krystals (White Castle to the northerners, I dunno what to you
non-North-Americans).

Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>