SCUBA-SE Archives

April 2001

From:
Crusty Russ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 08:43:07 -0500
Hi Bjorn,

Thanks for your comments.  Your concerns may be why I've found myself
lately, too busy to post.  I find something in a subject that I'd like
to reply to once I finish reading all of the day's posts and then come
across something distasteful (to me) that puts me off responding at
all.

...and it's not about signal to noise (one man's signal is another man's
noise), but is about discretion.  I hold up the U/W photo group as a
shining example of civility, strong signal (by any standard),
generosity, and mutual respect.

I don't care about where we came from as a list or about what has gone
on in the past.  Where we are headed is what I'm interested in and hope
that we can all focus on our common love of the ocean and diving,
responding to each other with respect.

Ok, now, don't be shy, suppress that cynicism...everyone, Group Hug
:-)

Best regards,
Russ